My Husband’s Recipe: Hearty & Frugal Steak Potato Cheese Soup
- 8 Large Potatoes
- 1# Ground turkey
- 1/2# Leftover steak, ground beef or your favorite meat
- 32 oz. Condensed Cheddar Cheese soup (I use Tabatchnick Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Soup)
- 1 Fresh garlic clove – chopped fine
- 1 Small Onion – chopped fine
- 1 Green Pepper- chopped fine
Meat mixture: Cook any raw meat until done, add peppers, onion and garlic. Saute until soft.
Potatoes: Peel and boil until just soft but do not over cook. They will continue to cook in the soup. Once potatoes are soft enough to stick a fork through, you will want to drain all of the water.
Crockpot: Add your meat mixture, soft potatoes and cheese soup into crockpot and let it cook for 4 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sides: add a piece of crunchy bread or a light salad.
This soup can be made with any leftover meat your family enjoys. Also, the longer the soup heats (on low) in your crockpot the better it will taste and the softer the potatoes will be.